Portfolio Week, Next Field Trip & Winter Concert

Thank you to all HL families for signing up for your portfolio times.  I will see everyone back in their classes on either Wednesday, November 16th or Thursday, November 17th.

th-Goodnight-Moon-21.jpg

Our next field trip will be to Axis Theatre’s Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny on Wednesday, November 23rd at 1:00 p.m. at the Norman Rothstein Theatre at 41st and Oak St.    The sign-up and consent forms are at the Parent Table.

Winter Concert

In consultation with the Intermediate students, we are going to change our program for the Winter Concert.  So many of our HL students are involved in music lessons, that we are going to perform Jingle Bells using our various instruments as one of our pieces.  To that end, I am sending home the sheet music for Jingle Bells for students to practice at home, and after the portfolio meetings will be asking students to bring their instruments once a week to practice as a group.   I will accompany students on my guitar and I also have a ukulele I can loan out if any student would like to practice and use that in the concert.  Just let me know.

Students who do not study an instrument will be provided with bells, tamborines, drums, etc., that I have here so that everyone is included.    We will also be performing a  Winter-themed second piece that the children will sing.