December 5-8

True to December and Holiday Season time, we have a couple of busy weeks ahead of us.  There is lots of information to share, so please make sure you click on your email and get the full post!

Monday, December 5th:  There is no school for students as it is a Professional Day.

Tuesday, December 6th:  Intermediate students please make sure you bring your instruments.

Wednesday, December 7th:  Primary Students:  please make sure you bring your instruments for the morning.  All Primary students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. to proceed to our Vancouver Opera field trip. Any students not picked up on time will be brought to the office to await pick-up as I must be early to the theatre to distribute tickets and make sure all students are accounted for.

All Students:  Please meet me outside the box office of the Vancouver Playhouse Theatre by 12:15 p.m. Traditionally in Opera, latecomers will not be seated, but that is up to the theatre.  The opera is two hours in length, so I will wait for parents to pick up their children at the same location after 2:30 p.m.

Thursday, December 8th:  Ice Skating field trip for Intermediate students.  Field trip forms are in the file folders for those students.  Please note that students cannot skate unless I have a completed field trip form.  The cost is $5 which I require in cash and cannot be paid from allotments.  Please drop students off at Trout Lake ice rink in the morning before 9:30.  I will be walking back to school with all the students, so parents may want to drop instruments off outside our classroom before proceeding to Trout Lake, or after dropping children off at Trout Lake.  They will be safe in the hall.

All HL students are invited to attend a whole-group practice of our two Winter Concert pieces on Thursday afternoon, December 8th.  For M/W students, if your child is able to attend, please drop them off at 1:30 p.m. Everyone will be dismissed together at 3:00 p.m.

Busy and fun!