Hitting the Ground Running!

It has been an absolute delight meeting with returning and new students and families the past couple of weeks, hearing about summer adventures and fall plans, and discussing all the fabulous learning that is ongoing and planned for the upcoming school year!

Thank you to those of you who have already returned your Activation Assignments.  As you know, this is a Ministry requirement and they must be in by their due dates, which is also set by the Ministry.  When you bring them in, please put them in my file folder on the parent table.  If you hand them to me, I am likely to set it down while chatting with someone and lose track of it!

Welcome Picnic

On Monday, September 25th, at 10:30 a.m. all Home Learner students and families – both the M/W and the T/Th groups, are invited to meet at Trout Lake (at the playground) for our Welcome Picnic. If any M/W students would like to come to class first and walk to Trout Lake with me in the morning, and/or back to school for a regular 3:00 p.m. pick up, they are welcome to do so.  If it is raining on Monday, the picnic will be postponed and it will be a regular 9-3 school day.

Individual Student Photos

On Tuesday, September 26th, student individual photos will be taken.  The sitting and proofs are free of charge and there is no obligation whatsoever to purchase them.  Our class will be the first students to have their photos taken, right at 9:00 a.m., so please be at class on time. As all the other classes are waiting, we cannot delay or stall for latecomers.  Primary Parents, you are welcome to stay with your child and are free to leave once your child’s photo is done.

Students staying at school on Tuesday will have time to change their clothes afterwards if they want to wear something special for the photo.   Just to interject my personal 2 cents worth – I have my daughter’s school photos from every year, and I am so glad I did them.  I have them all in a “school years” album for her.  Because they have a consistent look to them, they capture her growth and changes in a unique way.

Terry Fox Run

Our annual Terry Fox Run is being held on Thursday, September 28th at 1:00 p.m.  The whole school will be walking with their teachers to Trout Lake and running the circle path around the lake for our run.  Students from one of the classes at Beaconsfield will be visiting our class daily to collect donations for the Terry Fox Foundation, so if you wish, please send a toonie or loonie for your child to donate.