The Week Ahead

BATS

As we continue our study of Bats, I will be bringing in some foods which bats are directly responsible for through either pollination, seed dispersal, or protection from insects.  These foods will be:  figs, mango, papaya, agave, cacao (chocolate), avacado and coconut.  If you child is allergic to any of these foods, please email me.  There are many other foods, including nuts, which Bats are directly responsible for, but I will only be bringing in the ones noted.  The children will be learning  about the others foods also.

AUTHOR VISIT

On Wednesday, October 18th we are one of only 3 classrooms in the Lower Mainland to have an Author visit sponsored by the Vancouver Writers Festival.  All registered HL students are invited to attend. However, only our registered students, not parents or siblings as per the author’s request. The presentation will start at 1:30 p.m.  Intermediate students are invited to arrive at 1:15 p.m.  In order to get the little ones settled, lunch boxes and coats away, etc., please wait in the hall if you are early. Please also do not arrive late as it is a privilege to have been chosen for this presentation and I want to respect the author’s generosity and time.

Intermediate students may stay until 3:00 p.m. with the Primary students and I will walk all the students down to the rear covered area for pick up.

CHANGE OF CLOTHES

This is a friendly reminder to families to please bring a full change of clothes to leave in your child’s cubby in case of accidents, spills, weather, etc.

END OF DAY PICK-UP

Again, this is a friendly reminder for parents and care-givers to please wait for children outside at the covered area at the end of the day .  This applies to Primary and Intermediate.  Thank you for your understanding.