What’s Happening? Week of October 9 – 12

First of all, I would like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!

It was so inspiring to hear from the children what they are thankful for:  their families, the Earth, friends, pets, and nature, to name a few.  I am thankful every day to do what I do, and to be part of such a wonderful learning community.

This is a reminder to all Intermediate families that Tuesday, October 9th is our whole-school walk-a-thon. I do have most student’s consent forms (thank you), and students must have consent forms to participate.  Please ensure you bring your signed form in on Tuesday morning if you have not already done so.  I do have extra copies if you misplaced yours.  Thank you also to students for soliciting sponsorship from friends and family.  Please also dress to walk, and for the weather conditions.  Proceeds from the walk-a-thon go directly back into our classroom.

With so many different projects going on in the program this year, I am asking all Intermediate students to bring in 4 duo-tang folders each, as soon as practically possible.  Thank you!

Finally, this is a bit of an advanced heads-up that we will have a live online workshop that is just for our class with the Vancouver Aquarium (as part of the Sustainability learning we are doing in class) on Tuesday morning, October 16th.  Please ensure that all students arrive on time at school so we are all ready to participate in the workshop with Aquarium staff.