News for the week of January 21st

The students have all settled back into their routines after Winter Break and have lots of energy and ideas for the months ahead!  The Primaries worked on New Year resolutions (posted on the bulletin board) and have started their study of rain forests and rain forest animals.  As a group, they have also decided that instead of an end-of-the-year play, they will perform and end-of-the-year magic show!  We will be learning simple magic tricks together in class and will work towards each student having their own special illusion to perform.  The older students are working on writing their own plays and will perform these for their end-of-year performance.  The Intermediates finally started in on their Living Space project (thank you to everyone for completing the surveys from home).  Alas, the VSB has the downloads blocked which we need to learn and use the Microbits, and collect the data, so we will have to wait a little longer until they send someone out to un-block them from being used.

Which reminds me – if any parent would be able to take photos that I, and others, have taken of this school year, and produce a year-end video, please let me know.

For the Primaries:  Monday, January 21st is a Professional Day, school is closed.

Finally, this is a just a note to let people know that many of your allotments have now been fully used.  For some families, I will be putting “invoices” for allotment overages in your files.  What this also means, for those families who have used their allotments, I will need cash payments to participate in field trips from this point.

Upcoming:

Field trip to Bloedel Conservatory to learn about rain forests, Monday, January 28th

Valentines Day parties:  Primaries:  February 13th, Intermediates:  February 14th.  Class rule:  If your child would like to give cards to classmates, everyone must be included.  I will forward a class list for each of the groups to ensure inclusion.  Thank you!

Family Day:  Monday, February 18th.  School closed.

Portfolio meetings:  February 25- March 1