Last Week of This School Year

The classroom has been abuzz with preparations for the students’ end of the year talent shows.  For my part, I am really enjoying the various ‘acts’ the children have created and will be presenting.  I am sure everyone will agree with me, once they see the shows, that the acts truly reflect our student’s personalities and interests!

The Intermediates scrubbed and moved all the furniture to prepare for the performances, so Primary parents – please prepare your children that the classroom will look quite different on Monday with all the furniture stacked up and pushed to the sides of the room.

Here is the schedule for the week:

Monday, weather permitting, we will be walking to Trout Lake Park to picnic and play, after a talent show practice.  Also, on Monday, please bring a bag so your child can take everything home from their cubbies, and any classwork remaining to be taken home.

Tuesday, the Intermediates will perform their end of the year talent show.  Families:  Please arrive at 1:30 as the students need some preparation time after lunch to get the room and their props ready.  I also have a little presentation for the students following their performance.  All cubby items go home today.

Wednesday,  the Primaries will perform their end of the year talent show.  Families:  Please arrive at 1:30 as the students need some preparation time after lunch to get the room and their props ready.  I also have a little presentation for the students following their performance.  Also please note:  Classroom toys and items will be put away for the summer.  All primary students and siblings are invited to bring in one of their own toys to play with in the afternoon.

Also on Wednesday, Report cards will be distributed in the parent files.

Thursday, (last day of the school year) is our annual Home Learners Beach Day at Spanish Banks from 9:00 – 3:00.  We will set up at the Spanish Banks West Concession ( 4875 NW Marine Dr, Vancouver).  There is ample parking and shaded picnic tables there.  Bring your beach toys and a bathing suit!!  Please bring food and/or drinks to share as it is a “potluck” style gathering.

NB:  If you have borrowed any books or toys from the classroom, please bring them back asap.  Thank you.