News for the Week of November 11th

There is no school on Monday, November 11th in observation of Remembrance Day.

This week we will be going to the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra for their Elementary School Concert Wall-To-Wall Percussion.  This is a lively, fun concert, not to be missed!

The performance is on Thursday, November 14th at 10:00 a.m.  Please meet Shannon at the corner of Seymour and Smythe streets at 9:40 a.m. so we can enter as a group.  Please do not enter on your own!  The Ushers will advise you to enter, but please do not! Meet the group so I can ensure everyone is there and where they are supposed to be.

The mainstream classes at Beaconsfield are holding conferences on the 13th and 14th and have early dismissal.  Please note that early dismissal does not apply to the Home Learners.  We will have programming until 3:00 p.m. on both days, as usual.

Portfolio Week is fast approaching! Please look at the calendar on this blog and send me your first and second choices of meeting dates and times to meet with me.  Portfolio meetings are a mandatory aspect of the Home Learners’ Program, so please ensure you book a time with me, and help your child collect important artifacts, completed home learning, etc. to share at the meeting.

Photo Retakes are also happening on Thursday, November 14th, the same morning as our VSO field trip.  If you are planning on having photos taken, be at Beaconsfield at 9:00 a.m. Our office knows that many Home Learners will be having their photos taken that morning and need to get to the Symphony.

Finally,  both the Primaries and Intermediates together are booked to sing Christmas carols for the old folks at Villa Carital down the street from Beaconsfield on Tuesday, December 17th.  Starting next week, I will be practicing songs with both groups in preparation for our visit.