Happy New Year Everyone!
We are back in swing, and are welcoming some new students who are joining us now, as well as saying “see you” to a couple of students who are transitioning to mainstream classrooms here at Garibaldi.
The fist thing we want to apprise everyone of is an upcoming field trip to the puppet theatre production of A Brown Bear, A Moon and A Caterpillar which will be at the Norman and Annette Rothstein Theatre at 41st and Oak street in Vancouver on Wednesday, January 16th at 10:00 a.m. The K/1 group is focusing on Eric Carle this month in anticipation of this event.
Monday, January 21st is a professional day and therefore the school will be closed. Your child might be interested in this workshop that was sent to my attention:
Calling all cat crazy kids in Vancouver! When your next Pro-D Day rolls around on Monday, Jan. 21, it’s your chance to go “cat crazy” at the SPCA.
If you have a fondness for felines and are between the ages of 7 and 11, this is the purr-fect BC SPCA youth workshop for you. Join us at the BC SPCA Vancouver Branch on Monday, Jan. 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for a cat-tastic day of fun!
- What’s it like to be a cat? Play the Cat Game of Life and take a walk in their paws.
- Go on a cat breed scavenger hunt and see what you find!
- Cats love to play! Make fun toys to keep our feline friends happy – including one-of-a-kind catnip bubbles and cat grass.
- Cats have their own language – can you decode what they’re telling you? Learn about reading cat cues and get insider tips on caring for a cat.
- Get behind-the-scenes access on a tour of the animal shelter, including a specialvisit with the cats!
Early bird special: Register by January 11 for $25 ($20 for Kids Club members)!
Workshops fill quickly and space is limited, so register early!
Registration is open to youth ages 7 to 11.