Winter Sunshine

What a glorious day and such a lovely start to the winter.  While many of us have friends and family experiencing the heavy midwest and eastern storms, we are enjoying lots of vitamin D and not too cold temperatures!

Just a couple of things for this week:  The first thing is that there is a PAC (Parents Advisory Committee) meeting tonight in the staff room, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.  Child minding is provided.  It is important as many of the Home Learning parents as possible attend.  We are still a new program at Beaconsfield, so it is important that our parent voices are heard as planning continues for this year and we are not left out.

We have booked tickets to Royal City Youth Ballet’s Nutcracker Ballet for December 4th.  This is a great family/kid friendly performance and all are welcome.  At the moment I have booked 30 tickets.  I can book more, though, so please sign up early so I can order more in time if I need to.  Just the sign up sheet will be on the parent table as of today.

Finally, our children will be performing a song about the colours of Winter.  Some of our kids have performed this before.  We chose this as we have little time to prepare this year and also wanted something that would be strong even with all our little K’s.  What we need from all our adult friends are green hats.  All the children need green hats, so if you find any, can knit or crochet any, can sew any, etc.  please let Shannon or Juliana know.