Week of December 4th

I do not know how December arrived so early this year.  It certainly caught me by surprise (and mild panic!) when I realized how much time the students and I have together to prepare for the Winter Concert!  What with Portfolio Meetings and field trips, there really is little time between now and the 20th.

To that end, I have or will be sending home (depending on whether you have met with me yet) the lyrics to the songs our class will be singing for the concert.  I ask parents to please practice these songs with your children so they can have the songs memorized as soon as possible.  Since both the Primary and Intermediate students will be singing together at the concert, if possible, please set aside the afternoon of the 20th (after our Carousel Theatre field trip) to come to class to practice together.  I will also be asking for one additional time for everyone to come together, but I have to coordinate that with all the other classes in the school, so that time will be either the 18th or the 19th in the morning.  The Winter Concert is always a special and fun evening for everyone and I am preparing some special touches to our performance for the parents. 🙂

December 4th and 5th

This is a friendly reminder that there are no classes as Portfolio Meetings are still being held these two days.

The Nutcracker Ballet

We have tickets to Seymour Dance’s production of The Nutcracker Ballet for Monday, December 11th.  Please sign up by Tuesday, December 5th at the latest, so I will be able to order additional tickets, if necessary.  Thank you.

Mt. Seymour Field Trip for Intermediates

Please sign the consent forms and provide me with $25 cash for this field trip, which is on Tuesday, December 12th.  We will be going with other Beaconsfield classes there and back via school bus.  Parents can join to help out, but must arrange their own transportation.

Skating Field Trip

If you haven’t already, this is a friendly reminder to please bring in $5 per child for the ice skating field trip we went on Nov. 22 and 23rd.  Thank you.

Scholastic

Scholastic orders are arriving.  Some orders are in the parent file folders and some are under my desk.  Please see me if you don’t find your full order in the files, I don’t want any to get forgotten over the Winter Break!

Class Christmas Parties

A Christmas party is planned for each class:  Primaries on Monday, December 18th and Intermediates on Tuesday, December 19th, both from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.  Families are invited to join us and to bring  a snack to share.  Also, I will be making a small gingerbread houses for each student to decorate and take home, so I am asking families to contribute some suitable candies to share with the children to decorate their houses with. Candies can be dropped off any time.