Field Trip to VanDusen Pollinator Days 2019

On Thursday, June 13th, we are going to VanDusen Gardens to participate in Pollinator Days 2019.

Please meet at 9:45 a.m. at Entry Gate 2, which is the entry gate closest to the parking lot on West 37th Avenue.

I need one parent volunteer to lead one group, as we will visit the stations in the garden in two groups – one Intermediate focused and one Primary focused.  Please email me if you are able to volunteer.

I have prepared schedules for visiting the activity stations located throughout the gardens for our day.  Primaries will start their stations at the Elizabethan  Maze and Intermediates will start at the Visitor’s Centre. The two  groups will be formed at the garden and I will provide our volunteer with a map and schedule.  We will all meet for lunch together.  If you would like to keep your siblings together in one group, please let me know via email.

As allotments are finished for this school year, please ensure you give $10.00 per person for the field trip to Shannon ASAP.  Thank you.

The field trip ends at 2:00 p.m.  Children can be picked up at the same location at Entry Gate 2. 

Please note, activity station schedules may change depending on how many other schools are participating that day.  If there are lots of other classes/schools trying to start at the same stations, I will re-route our groups to avoid large groups.

IN PREPARATION

1.      Dress for the weather! Most activities will be entirely outdoors, rain or shine. This may mean hats and sunscreen, or rain jackets and boots.

2.      Litterless Lunches: No refrigeration is available.  Please pack out your waste. Water fountains are available for refilling water bottles.

4.      Photo Release Authorization: Please  sign the authorization I have put in your file folders in advance.  I need to  bring the signed documents on the day of the event. VBGA staff and community partners wish to document Pollinator Days through photos and/or video, which may be used for promotional material including social media, email news and print media.

(Van Dusen will provide teachers with stickers upon arrival that will be used to indicate which students should not be photographed. )

THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT

ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE at:

The Garden’s parking lot off 37th Ave.