Is it Crafts or STEAM?

As this round of Portfolio Meetings winds down I would like to say once more how delightful it is to celebrate your children’s efforts and accomplishments. It is marvelous to see how many students are using Reflection Journals, prediction & observations and other strategies to lift nature walks, and arts & crafts etc. to become S.T.E.A.M. activities. (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math)

Several parents also used a highlighter on their child’s SLP to track completed outcomes for specific academic areas as learning happened at home. I thought I would pass along that idea as it made it very easy to connect at home activity to the child’s SLP.

Class  Picture Day is tomorrow (Thursday March 9).  This is a group photo. Both groups will have a photo taken, so Mon/Tues students are included in this invitation.  Mon/Tues students will be dismissed as soon as their class photos complete.  Please arrive to school promptly as our classes are scheduled to go first.

The Grade 7s in the main school are having a snack sale at recess tomorrow (Thurs) to raise money for their trip later in the Spring. Most treats are $1-2.

Spring Break begins Monday and goes until Friday March 24th. Don’t forget to bring your Animal Diorama or Influential Canadian research to share. (Thurs/Fri group will hand in research March 30/31 and bring costumes on April 6th.)