Fluttering and Puttering

The school year is almost over, and we have so much to do! Our Butterflies are almost ready to emerge from their chrysalises and flutter about until we can release them outdoors. There have been no in person classes, but each day brings new delights as students share their last Portfolio of the 2022-23 school year. In between portfolio meetings I find myself puttering about preparing templates for SLPs and Activation Assignments for the 2023-24 school year. Like butterflies, my thoughts seem to flutter, alight for a moment, and then take off again!

By now you will have received an invitation to the Beaconsfield PAC family picnic. Please also know that all Home Learner students are welcome to attend the Beaconsfield Sports Day on June 16th. It will be a full day, with students drop off and pick up in the regular place at 9:00 and 3:00. Monday/Friday families please let me know as soon as possible if you will bring your child to school that day.

I recently learned about an alarming phenomenon called phytophotodermatitis. This happens when the juice from certain foods interacts with sunshine to cause a chemical burn on skin! Celery and some citrus fruits are included in the list of foods. Please consider taking a moment to learn more about it.

SLP schedule will open in June. For the best choice in dates/times  please keep an eye out for an email with SLP in the subject.

I love it when parents pass along new learning resources, they have discovered that might be of interest to other parents. CL shared an amazing resource to support Indigenous Way of Learning This is a link to a site of Indigenous games for children     EA_indigenous-games-for-children-en.pdf (csf.bc.ca)