Following Spring Break

I hope this post finds everyone well and managing OK.  I know it has been, and continues to be, a stressful time for many families.  Today, on what should have been the first day back after Spring Break, I want to touch base with everyone and let you know what is happening in our program and at Beaconsfield School.

First of all, I want you to know that as a school staff member, I am not allowed to work at the school site at the moment, I am working from home.   I have an allotted time this week in which I am able to go into the school, collect everything I need from the classroom, and leave.  I was hoping to be able to basically ‘quarantine’ in the classroom, but that is just not possible from a health and safety perspective as things stand right now, which is understandable.   At this time, we ask parents and students not to enter the school to pick up materials or belongings.  If you desperately need something, please let me know, and you and I will figure it out together.

I am available via email every day, and I am here to support every family’s learning needs.  My plan at the moment is to update everyone daily through these posts, so you know what is going on, and I am sure you will also be receiving correspondence from the school, and the school board.  As the situation with this virus is fluid, I suspect things will change as we move forward.

In the meantime, please don’t worry about your allotments. I would also ask you to refrain from contacting Tracey at the moment about allotments as her plate is full.  I have received many allotment questions about the deadline and spending amounts, etc.  I am working on an alternative process for allotment orders and spending which will align with Ministry guidelines, but won’t require families to come in to fill out forms, etc., and hoping that the deadline will be more of a soft closing due to the disruptions we are all facing.

Any questions or concerns that you have, any learning support I can provide, or anything you need, please let me know.  I can’t promise to have answers yet, but I will do my best to figure things out.

Stay Well,

Shannon