Please mark your calendars!
Our Intermediate students have been practicing a dance that has been choreographed for them and another 42 schools around the Lower Mainland. We are working hard to turn this partnership into a legacy project, where we, together, will deliver a positive social message to the community regarding Acceptance. We greatly appreciate our community partnership with the Vancouver Giants Hockey Organization.
Our goal is to prepare a presentation for the official International Anti-Bullying Day. The actual dance event will take place on Wednesday, February 18, 2015, in the afternoon, when the Vancouver Giants will host a game during the day for our students to participate in an Acceptance Day Celebration. The day will include speakers, performers, video segments and a spectacular acceptance dance. As part of the presentation, the students will be wearing the pink “Acceptance” T-shirts in honour of Anti-Bullying Day.
To participate in this event, students must:
- Have the parent permission slip completed and returned to your teacher by January 23rd. (It is in your parent file)
- Have returned the District/School Media Consent Forms, which were handed out at the beginning of the school year. You will be contacted by office staff (not the teachers) if there is not one for your child. (The entire Colosseum will be filmed for You Tube for Anti-Bullying Day)
- Have participated in practices.
- Have or will purchase the pink “Acceptance” T-shirts ($5.00)
- Include $5.00 towards the cost of the school bus for all our students to be taken to and brought back from the event.
There is more information on the parent forms. Intermediate students only, are able to attend this event.