Making Our Mark…In A Good Way!

Leaving Our Mark…In a Good Way!

Parents of the Monday/Tuesday group: Please check  your emails for important information about our field trip on Tuesday May 9th.

Last week our older students created an engineering project. They “purchased” building materials (popsicle sticks and toothpicks), researched and then built a bridge. Once complete, they then measured the amount of weight their bridge could sustain. Lots of surprises and lots of laughs and learning.

This week both groups had the opportunity to mark many city storm drains in our neighborhood with bright yellow salmon symbols These symbols remind Vancouver resident that our storm drains lead directly to the ocean. By being mindful of the chemicals we use in our yards, gardens, and driveways, we can all play a part in protecting our ecosystems.

The third and final portfolios take place between May 23 and June 2 and the appointment schedule is now open. Please email me with 3 possible DATES and specify if you prefer morning or afternoon, and I will do my best to accommodate your preferences. If you plan to include any Digital submissions, please ensure they are provided at least 48 hours ahead of the meeting in order for me to view them in advance of our celebrations!

The date of the “Rock On Sing Along show” has changed!! Please note that the concert is now at 11:00am on Thursday June 15th. The Monday/Tuesday students are encouraged to attend. (The adult driver of any Monday/Tuesday students is welcome to attend and may bring one younger sibling if necessary.)

As the days are now (finally!) getting warmer please ensure your child brings a water bottle and hat to school. Consider applying sunscreen as well. We will be taking advantage of the improved weather to get outside. We will also be going on many more impromptu outdoor adventures! Any students who arrive late and discover that we are not there know to go to the office to find out where we are…We could be in the garden or out reading under the trees. But we might be on our way to Trout Lake or Trout Lake or the Renfrew Ravine.

Who remembers times when kids were happily engaged in other activities, without being hooked on tablets and social media… Maybe this will bring back some fun memories! Maybe, if you are old like me,  you can teach your kids these games too!     https://t.co/PXa7avJ7Oj